A “Virtual” Tasting for 2020!
Friday, November 20th
On a Smart TV, Phone, Computer or Tablet near you!
About the event: Wine Flight 2020 was set to be an incredible celebration of Angel Flight Central’s 25th Anniversary of service to people in need, unfortunately COVID 19 had other plans.
Typically an epic wine tasting event with close to 500 guests, the pandemic has “grounded” the event to our electronic devises. Angel Flight Central’s passenger requests has not decreased, and so the organization is in great need of the financial impact Wine Flight has had in the past. We hope you will set aside around an hour to join us for our virtual Wine Flight celebration!
About the Charity: Angel Flight Central is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization hardhearted in Kansas City whose mission it is to arrange charitable flights for access to health care and other humanitarian purposes utilizing a very generous team of highly qualified Volunteer Pilots. Celebrating its 25th year of service, AFC has successfully arranged over 30,000 flights for people in need.
Is there a Cost? No, registration for the event, or access to the link, is free of charge. However, in honor of Angel Flight Central’s 25th year of service, we encourage you to participate in the 50/50 raffle ($25 for AFC’s 25th!), jump in to the silent auction and bid on some exciting items, or for a tax-deductible option~ participate in our Fund-a-Need during the virtual celebration.
How To Register: By registering you will be providing some basic information such as name, email and card information so we can inform you of the Silent Auction Opening, updates and announcements, and most importantly, the link to the free celebration. To do so, please:
- Visit our auction site at casbid.com/wineflight (If you were at Wine Flight 2019, then use your same log-in credentials or select “forgot password”.
- Click “Register” at the top of the page.
- Continue the steps presented on the screen.
- Feel free to jump in to the 50/50 Raffle where you can win half the pot! Each ticket is $25 in honor of AFC’s 25 Years of Service to those in need.
- Remember your log-in credentials so you can return and participate in the silent auction and night-of event activities.
What to Expect on November 20: AFC Staff will provide an event link to all who are registered. The event will begin at 7:00 p.m. cst and include a tribute to the past, a look to the future, special guests, passenger vignettes and a toast to the amazing AFC Volunteer Pilots who make it all possible. The silent auction will remain open until midnight on November 20 to allow ample time to battle for your favorite items. Or, for a tax-deductible option, participation in the fund-a-need will go until midnight as well.
Please consider safely gathering with family, friends and neighbors for a tasting while watching the 45-minute event. Here are Doug Frost, Master of Wine/Master Sommelier suggestions for event:
- Ayres Pinot Noir Perspective (Willamette Valley, OR)
- Carol Shelton Wild Thing Zinfandel (Mendocino, CA)
- Dr. Konstantin Frank Riesling (Finger Lakes, NY)
- HolyField Winery Late Harvest Vignoles (Kansas)
Doug will be commenting on each of the wines during the event~so join in the fun!
Do you have a gift card or item that could be placed in the silent auction? We’d love to hear from you! Email Brendan